Company Core Values
- Commitment and accountability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and Innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Respect and teamwork
Click to view more information about these vacancies;
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and think you have the skillset and ambition to join us during this time of energy transition, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Deadline varies based on the specific job, as outlined below.
Vacancy – North-West Europe Business Development Manager
Job Title: North-West Europe Business Development Manager
Department: BD, Marketing & Sales
Location: UK – Ideally at the Conwy or Northwich PetroStrat office (although hybrid WFH ok)
Any applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
PetroStrat Ltd is a Stratigraphic Consultancy that provides a comprehensive suite of integrated geological services to the Oil & Gas industry. We currently offer a full suite of applied stratigraphic services together with a rapidly expanding sedimentology/reservoir geology (including core logging, petrography, log and image log interpretation, etc.) capability. The Company is currently undergoing a planned development and diversification of services and offerings to deepen its client relationships and provide a wider range of solutions to its present and future clients as the energy transition develops.
This is a new Business Development and Sales role being established due to the ongoing growth of the business and the need to support the work of the owner/directors. The role holder will take responsibility for clients based in or core market of North-West Europe, primarily the UK, Denmark and Norway. As an experienced recruit joining the PetroStrat BD, Marketing and Sales team, the role holder will assume responsibility for the achievement of a clearly defined revenue goal in line with the Company’s annual business plan, building on existing client relationships as well as new business opportunities. This role will involve orchestrating resources, both within the Business Development team and Technical Service teams more broadly, as well as working with the New Ventures team in order to meet client needs and to maximise the market opportunities that exist for PetroStrat.
- Taking over and consolidating ongoing client relationships and accounts in consultation and collaboration with the current business developers
- Delivery of the annual revenue target for the region, as specified by the BD, Marketing & Sales Director (or deputy), in line with the requirements of the Company’s annual business plan
- Mapping of sales opportunities – be that repeat business and/or new business targets – within North-West Europe to meet revenue goals
- Developing account relationships for existing clients, including specific plans and activities for each, within a set budget and resource parameters
- Preparation and delivery of technical client presentations, drawing in other team members as appropriate to maximise the likelihood of winning contracts
- Managing and developing the frame agreements/call-off contracts for key client accounts in NW Europe
- Proposal preparation, in conjunction with counterparts in Technical Services as required, ensuring commercial terms associated with client deliverables are crafted in the best interests of the Company
- Working closely with the New Ventures team, including on multi-client development, to expand the range of client-driven opportunities and relationships
- Willingness to travel to attend client meetings and also represent the Company at trade/industry events
- Liaison with Technical Services to co-ordinate client project delivery, in effect acting as ‘orchestra leader’, to ensure the effectiveness of engagement with clients
- Adoption and development of MS Dynamics as the Company’s pipeline management/CRM/Sales Hub tool
- Gathering and sharing of market intelligence to assist in offering developments being led by the Technical Services team and/or our New Ventures team
Skill and experience requirements:
- Demonstrable track record in roles in Client Management and/or New Business Development within the oil & gas services sector
- If possible, some track record in geological service provision within the O&G or Energy Transition sectors (e.g. Reservoir Geology, Sedimentology or Biostratigraphy)
- A team player but very capable at working under own initiative
- Structured and well organised
- Desirable to have a degree in Earth Sciences or related discipline
- Strategic thinking and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to be client-facing in a variety of meetings from online to face to face to conferences
Vacancy – L&D / HR Manager
Job Title: L&D / HR Manager
Hours: Part-time 3 days per week
Department: Business Support
Location: North Wales, Tan-y-Graig
Reporting to (Line Manager): Operations Director
PetroStrat Ltd is a Stratigraphic Consultancy that provides a comprehensive suite of integrated geological services to the Oil & Gas industry. We offer full service of micropalaeontology, nannopalaeontology and palynology together with sedimentology/reservoir geology services (including core logging, petrography, log and image log interpretation, etc.). We specialise in the provision of high resolution, quantitative reservoir scale studies and wellsite (real-time) biostratigraphic services.
To provide a comprehensive Learning and Development; / HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practices to foster a high-performance culture. This Role will be a job share alongside the current HR Manager. To support in improving the L&D function but also provide additional HR support.
- Act as a point of contact for all Learning & Development requirements for the business, from bespoke needs to project requirements
- Contribute towards developing and implementing learning strategies and programs across the business
- Design, deliver and evaluate People Development initiatives
- Monitoring the Personal Development Plan & Compliance Campaigns, ensuring where appropriate completion statuses are monitored in line with compliance and regulatory guidelines
- Support the completion of accurate learning needs analysis’ & action mapping when required through collaboration with the relevant business areas
- Manage the Learning & Development budget accurately against business requirements ensuring value for money through existing suppliers
- Maintain current in-house learning and development capabilities, including digital & virtual offerings
- Oversee and manage all mandatory and compliance training is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the organisation’s strategic goals
- Lead on the project and vision for Investors in People in the company
The Role will be predominately Learning and development, but the successful individual will also be required to work alongside and support our HR Manager.
Duties below include:
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them
- Provide first-line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies
- Support the recruitment process – this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc
- Coordinate new starter inductions
- Manage talent and succession planning
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Draft all employee-related documentation such as contracts of employment
- Delivery of complete company training requirements
- Constant improvement in the way that we operate our L&D/ HR system
- Continual delivery of a highly effective HR system for PetroStrat
- Ongoing personal development to ensure that knowledge and experience is up to date with best practice and legal/regulatory guidelines
Vacancy – IT Manager
FT or PT: Full Time
Reports to: Operations Director
Line management responsibility: No
Location: Conwy or Northwich office
Closing date: TBC
Nature of the role:
The IT Officer is responsible for owning the full IT scope of the company and leading on its implementation and improvement. They will also be responsible for ensuring we manage to gain ISO 27001 in digital security.
How does this role fit in with the company?
Like most companies, Information Technology is at the heart of how PetroStrat operates. Almost everyone in the company has some form of device (or more than one) and we must ensure that our IT systems and processes are compliant with regulations and best practice.
Without a fully functioning, constantly improving and robust IT system, PetroStrat will not grow, and we run the risk of not complying with data security regulations and potentially losing data due to poor administration. In a business such as ours, losing data or IT capability is disastrous and could put us out of business.
The role is responsible for the following, however, it is not limited to:
- Work closely with the Operations Director to implement and manage IT systems, Dynamics 365 and regulatory compliance
- Own the Dynamics 365 system in its entirety and be responsible for ensuring its upkeep, accuracy, and success
- Own the ISO 27001 system in its entirety and be responsible for ensuring its success
- Work closely with other members of the business operations team and company to drive the ISO 27001 system forward
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in the company and liaise with CNS (our external IT support company) to deliver business needs
- Coordinate the implementation of IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices
- Review vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs
- Deliver appropriate personnel actions and educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, and short- and long-range IT planning
- Lead on the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Lead on internal and external ISO 27001 audits
- Provide regular updates to the Operations Director on all IT and ISO 27001 matters, including the provision of weekly/monthly data
- Participate in development of Service Level Agreements, and Operating Level Agreements consistent with the needs of the organization
- Maintain current state of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
You may also be asked to undertake other duties throughout your time in the role to support the company.
What does top performance in this role look like?
A top performing IT Officer will know fully understand the IT requirements for the company and will be managing all ‘on the ground’ IT requirements over multiple sites in liaison with CNS, our IT managed services provider.
The IT Officer will also be managing the Dynamics365 throughout the company and will have full understanding for the maintenance and improvement of the system. They would also be at the forefront of continuous improvement and will be constantly striving to improve how we do things and will be providing key and timely data to the Operations Director. They would also be leading our ISO27001 management system and ensuring compliance with GDPR and digital security requirements.
What authority do you have in this role?
- Financial authority up to £500 of expenses in relation to deployment/maintenance of the IT systems.
- You are encouraged to speak and collaborate with anyone, in any department or grade, to undertake your duties
Education, Training and Qualifications
None formally required
• Educated to degree level, with an IT degree being preferred
• Relevant work experience indicating a graduate level of ability
• Professional qualifications in ISO 27001 auditing
• Professional qualifications in project management
• Professional qualifications in continuous improvement
• Professional qualifications in GDPR / DPA
• Professional qualifications in IT service implementation
- A minimum of 3 years of IT/technology work experience managing a SME IT infrastructure
- Experience in maintaining and supporting a range of software application inclusive of upgrading and troubleshooting
- Thorough Microsoft Dynamics development and maintenance experience and an understanding of how to implement this into an SME
- A comprehensive understanding of ISO 27001 and how they are implemented into a company operating in dynamic conditions
- Experience of ISO 27001 auditing process, specifically leading on internal and external auditing
- Experience of developing for the web
- Excellent IT literacy skills, specifically MS Office suite of programmes
- The ability to analyse and assess complex situations and design effective solutions
- Excellent understanding of IT regulations and requirements, specifically GDPR and DPA
- Excellent understanding of IT infrastructure and maintenance
- Liaison, collaboration, and negotiation skills to work with others to undertake role
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Strong personal organisational skills
- The ability to take responsibility for managing his/her own workload, in consultation with Operations Director
- The ability to prioritise correctly in line with strategic goals
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team