Company Core Values
- Commitment and accountability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and Innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Respect and teamwork
Head of Business Development
PetroStrat is a Stratigraphic Consultancy that provides a comprehensive suite of integrated geological services to the Energy and Energy Transition sectors globally. We offer a full suite of biostratigraphy services together with sedimentology/reservoir geology (including core logging, petrography, log and image log interpretation, etc.). We specialise in the provision of real time support to drilling operations (both oil & gas and CCS/CCUS) and in high resolution, quantitative well and reservoir scale studies, helping our clients to reduce risks linked to reservoir presence/absence, reservoir quality and seal integrity.
The role of a Head of Business Development is to help a company identify and pursue new business opportunities that will help it grow and succeed. It is important that they are aligned with the company’s overall goals and strategy. They should have a deep understanding of the company’s products, services, and target markets, as well as a keen awareness of industry trends and competitive pressures.
Nature of the role
As a senior member of the PetroStrat team, the role holder will lead operational activity across the Business Development department (comprising staff in the UK, USA and Canada) and have specific BD/sales responsibility for the Middle-East and Africa (MEA) region. This will involve orchestrating resources within the Business Development team to secure business from existing clients as well as new business opportunities. The role holder will also support the Business Development Director in overseeing Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin America (LA) business development activity, with the expectation that direct responsibility for this will be assumed in due course.
As Head of Business Development, your responsibilities will include (however, may not be limited to):
- Supporting the Business Development Director in the delivery of annual revenue target in line with the requirements of the Company’s annual business plan
- Specific responsibility for the delivery of MEA revenue goals, through client retention and growth, as well new business opportunities
- Mapping of sales opportunities – be that repeat business and/or cross-sell – with existing clients within geography and market segments to meet revenue and profitability goalsDirect responsibility for Business Development resources, setting goals and managing performance in line with PetroStrat procedures (a role currently undertaken by the Director of BD)
- Leadership of the PetroStrat regional cross-functional marketing/technical teams (MENA, NWE, NAGOM, WASA, ROW) to co-ordinate Business Development activity and generate leads
- Developing account plans for existing clients, including specific activity plans for each, defining budget and resource requirements
- Preparation and delivery of technical presentations, drawing in other team members (technical and BD) as appropriate to maximise likelihood of winning contracts
- Proposal preparation, in conjunction with counterparts in Technical Services as required, ensuring commercial terms associated with client deliverables are crafted in the best interests of the Company
- Liaison with Technical Services to co-ordinate client project delivery, in effect acting as ‘orchestra leader’ to ensure effective engagement with clients and management of expectaions
- Lead the adoption and use of MS Dynamics or other such tool(s) made available by the Company to support business development activity
- Sharing of market intelligence to assist in new offering developments being originated/driven by the New Ventures team (focusing on Multiclient Studies, Data Digitalization and Energy Transition)
- You may also be asked to undertake other duties throughout your time in the role to support the company that are appropriate to the level/grade of the job.
What does top performance in this role look like?
A top-performing Head of Business Development is typically a dynamic and strategic leader who possesses a range of skills and qualities. They a strategic thinker, strong leader, excellent communicator, and skilled sales and marketing expert, with the ability to build strong relationships and analyse data to drive business growth.
What authority do you have in this role?
- Line management duties to a team of people (TBC), including ADR, performance reviews, staff promotional reviews, renumeration recommendations etc;
- Routine financial spend of up £500 for essential equipment/software/subscription;
- Larger budgets/financial spend to be agreed on a case-by-case basis with Finance Directors.
- Degree or equivalent in Earth Sciences or related discipline.
- Demonstrable track record in roles at a senior level in Client Management and/or New Business Development within a biostratigraphy or geological services business.
- Extensive experience developing business in EMEA sub-regions.
- A team player with team leadership capabilities.
- Structured and well organised.
- Strategic thinking and ability to contribute at the Executive Team level.
- Likely technical background in one or more of PetroStrat’s core areas of capability, preferably Reservoir Geology.
- Some experience of APAC region.
- Full UK clean Driving licence.
Please apply through via LinkedIn or contact email@example.com for more information.