This newly completed reservoir study on the Garn Formation provides an understanding of the major controls (e.g., depositional environments, diagenesis and burial depth) on reservoir quality. To test these relationships, a technically consistent, high quality database has been generated on cored sections at a range of burial depths (1660-4691m) in 31 wells across the Halten Terrace.
The intention of both this Garn study, and the Sub-Garn (Tilje, Tofte and Ile) project is for operator geoscientists to use these databases as predictive tools and as a reference to understand and model reservoir properties.
- 1:50 & 1:200 scale core descriptions; ~1,370m core from 31 wells with CPI
- Analytical Program:
- Petrographic descriptions of 120 thin sections
- SEM analyses on 50 samples
- XRD analyses on 50 samples
- GIS summary maps for the J50, J60 & J70-100 time slices indicating facies & diagenetic
- relationships with depth & reservoir quality, with hyperlinked core & sample descriptions
- Core photographs illustrating sedimentological, ichnological & diagenetic features
- Facies-coded CCA database
31 Garn wells included in this study
For more information, please download our PDF flyer.