This latest 31-well expansion to PetroStrat’s correlative biostratigraphic framework of >1,000 wells, across Norway and the UK includes the discoveries of Osprey (6507/3-12), Cape Vulture (6608/10-17S), Carmen (6507/8-9), Pil (6406/12-3S), Njord North Flank (6407/7-9A & S) and Bauge (6407/8-6).
Biostratigraphically defined Ichron-sequences are assigned from first returns to TD based on re-review by our micropalaeontologists, palynologists & nannopalaeontologists of assemblages recorded in released technical reports, charts and .dex files. Stratigraphic interpretations are technically consistent with other Norwegian Sea database subsets in the North Halten Terrace (63 wells), Central Halten Terrace (58 wells), South Halten Terrace (58 wells) and Vøring Basin (27 wells). This also reflects our current understanding on the evolution of depositional systems continually enhanced through proprietary analytical studies.
- Stratigraphic framework and zonation scheme
- Stratigraphic summary charts for all 31 wells including age, lithostratigraphy, sample data
- points and biostratigraphic marker events, all set against the wireline/MWD logs
- Correlation panels highlighting regional thickness trends, stratigraphic breaks & hiatal
- surfaces within the context of the regional structural elements
- IC format database
- Local lithostratigraphic scheme applied to all wells
- Digital export of Ichron stratigraphic sequences and lithostratigraphic boundaries
- Includes new deviations column, highlighting differences in interpreted depths of formation/member by PetroStrat, relative to that published on NPD Factpages
Learn more about this innovative study
For more information, please download our PDF flyer.