Health & Safety
Our goal is to carry out our business activities with no harm or damage to people, to the environment and with no accidents or incidents, both in our own operations and within the operations of our clients, today and in the future. With this in mind we operate Zero Goal policies and continually look for opportunities for improvement.
Future Geoscience requires the active commitment to, and accountability for, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) from all their people, employees and contractors alike. We believe that all accidents and incidents are preventable in all our activities and we require the continued collaborative effort of all our professionals to drive towards this goal.
Together, and in close partnership with our parent companies, we will:
- Ensure that safety takes precedence over production, cost and schedule.
- Actively intervene when unsafe situations are observed.
- Take care of our people (including contractors and stakeholders) in all work-related activities through risk identification, assessment and management.
- Integrate HSE in decision-making and in, the management and execution of all our activities.
- Achieve the highest level of HSE performance by compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in our various markets and demonstrating highest levels of professional conduct.
- Engender a ‘no blame culture’ that emboldens our people to share experiences and insights in order to learn from incidents and near misses.
- Prevent major accidents by suitable and effective development and implementation of our HSE Management System.
- Minimise our impact on the environment through pollution prevention actions and systems, decrease of natural resource consumption and emissions, and the reduction and recycling of waste.
- Communicate openly with all our stakeholders and guarantee an understanding of our standards and performance and our HSE Policies.
- Continuously improve our HSE performances by monitoring the suitability and effectiveness of our management standards and systems, and learn from industry and parent company best practices.
Future Geoscience’s goal is to conduct our business activities with no harm to people, no damage to the environment and no accident, today and in the future.
Future Geoscience will do this by minimising our impact on the environment through pollution prevention, reduction of natural resource consumption and emissions, and the reduction and recycling of waste.
Future Geoscience and its parent companies comply with environmental regulations in force both internationally and in the individual regions in which it operates, and monitors in a way that it can anticipate changes in them. In some cases, it applies its own standards which are more rigorous. The company is committed to review and ongoing improvements to achieve best practice on all environmental issues.
Improved energy efficiency
Managing energy consumption is a company priority, addressing not only the issue of climate change but also that of the foreseeable depletion of energy resources.
Corporate social responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility is perceived to be a key to the long-term business success of our company.
A sustainable business strategy, that identifies and transforms environmental and social problems into development opportunities, supports objectives that will benefit people whilst limiting the consumption of natural resources.
Limiting impact and managing non-financial risks is also a key focus in our sustainability strategy. This covers issues such as; the environment, the local and international acceptability of our activities, health and safety, human resources management and ethics.
To achieve this, the company’s sustainable development policy is connected to the following policies:
- Human Resources; promote initiative and innovation while making diversity a catalyst of the company’s transformation.
- Ethics; act in compliance with values, laws and regulations in the countries where we operate.
- Health and Safety; reduce all risks, improve working conditions and boost professionalism in health and safety matters.
- Environment; minimise our impact on the environment.
- Responsible procurement.
UK Modern Slavery statement
Future Geoscience is committed to operating responsibly and establishing high ethical standards across our company. The UK Modern Slavery Statement of 2015 requires companies carrying on business in the U.K. to publish a statement describing steps taken to ensure modern forms of slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in the company’s business operations and supply chains.
Ethical compliance refers to the set of systems put into practice to conform to the required standard of ethical behaviour.
Our Ethics and Compliance policy framework is based on four principles of action:
- Act in accordance with laws and regulations; in all circumstances we observe laws, as well as codes of practice, applicable to our activities.
- Consolidate a culture of integrity; by emphasising integrity, we aim to eliminate any conflicts between personal and company interests. Integrity within the company ensures a climate of trust and acts as a shield against corrupt practices.
- Behave fairly and honestly; we take a trustworthy approach to all our work. Whenever we communicate, within the company or externally, we do so in good faith and in a constructive spirit. We always strive to provide genuine, accurate and complete information.
- Respect others; this principle applies to the respect for the rights of individuals, for their dignity and their differences, as well as a respect for different cultures.
We regularly review our E&C Policies according to new regulations, risks and technologies. As a result, we can be confident that our Ethics and Compliance Policy will continue to provide excellent guidance for the future development of the company and its business.