Biostratigraphic consultancy that provides a full suite of specialist palaeontology services (micropalaeontology, nannopalaeontology, palynology and sedimentology) to the oil and gas industry.
- Quality Management System, ISO 9001:2008 – Certified in May 2011
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS 18001:2007 – Certified in December 2011
- Environmental Management System, ISO 14001:2004 – Certified in March 2013
COMPANY HSE GOALS
PetroStrat Limited’s HSE goals are ZERO harm to people and ZERO incidents.
PetroStrat Limited is building a world-class, international oil and gas consultancy business and this requires that we are at the forefront on HSE matters and safe operations. We continually strive to improve the safety of our workplaces for our employees and contract personnel, thus avoiding accidents and incidents. We continually focus on safety awareness, and ensure high technical standards, in the implementation of all our project work.
Our HSE systems have been externally audited, both by major clients and by international accreditation bodies and we have been recognised as compliant with standards OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004. Our QA management system has been certified to ISO9001:2008 standards.
Risk management is a continuous process, and the cornerstone of HSE management at PetroStrat Limited. HSE risk comprises the possibilities for harmful effects of both unintentional incidents and planned operations. As part of the decision-making process, relevant HSE risk factors are identified and assessed and relevant risk reducing measures implemented. Systematic audits of safety systems allow us to verify the condition of operations in relation to defined standards and processes.
As part of continuous improvement with respect to safety awareness and attitudes, all employees have participated in safety inductions and meetings where communication is key to the development of a fully functioning HSE system. Open feedback reporting and suggestions have been adopted to reduce risky operations and behaviour in our operations.
HSE Policies and Documents are available on request, for review or audit.
- By taking responsibility for our own HSE issues
- Systematically to understand and manage risk
- To provide employees with necessary resources, equipment and training to work safely and securely
- By cooperating with our clients based on mutual respect
- To stop unsafe acts and operations
- To review and adapt our processes where possible to reduce any negative impact of our operations
- To define work processes, goals and performance indicators and to control, measure and improve them
- On HSE improvement processes based on feedback, surveys and risk assessments, and we involve our people
- Integrate HSE in all aspect of our business
- Continue to improve HSE performance in all our activities
- Demonstrate the importance of HSE through hands-on leadership and behaviour
- Engender openness in all HSE issues and active engagement with all stakeholders